i am so clueless...

i just found out i'm pregnant....what should i not be eating/drinking?...is there a good book someone can recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what to expect when you are expecting its a good book.....Stay away from fish and raw shrimp. Dont drink alot of caffeine. Those are the basics.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Quit smoking if you do, don't drink and get plenty of rest!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Fully cook everything! Vitamin B6 is your friend. Drink milk.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 6:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• the pregnancy book by martha sears, or the one by shiela kirzinger, or the one by simkin. all much better than what to expect. :) but really , there are so many good ones. congrats!
    Anonymous

• Seafood, alcohol, high levels of caffiene, and to much fattening food. Up your grains a fruits and cut out empty calories. Your doctor may give a few magazines during your first visit. Ask any question you have during your doc visits. There are no stupid questions when you're pregnant so dont let someone try and tell you there are. Ask about anything you are worried about.
    Anonymous

• I agree, What to Expect is pretty good, as is Your Pregnancy Week by Week. The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy offers the humorous side of things. I signed up for weekly emails from Babycenter.com that would talk about what I should be expecting each week of my pregnancy and what to expect in coming weeks. There are other websites that you can use as well. Babyzone.com and I think whattoexpect.com - I know What to Expect has a website that sends weekly emails, I'm just not sure exactly what the website name is. I'm sure if you google it, you'll find it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• There's also a great website called .i-am-pregnant.com, sign up for that, you mark your due date and you go through each week with other moms in the same week. It's a wonderful site to get advice, and just let go, and get information. Congrats! And good luck :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
    Hypnobirthing : The Mongan Method
    Spiritual Midwifery
    My Best Birth (might be YOUR best birth, I cant remember, I read it during visits to the book store, didnt have money to buy it but wish I did!)

All good books, highly recommend them!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009