how can i get thru a divorce

im about to become a single mom how can i get thru it

dina501

Asked by dina501 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• There are support groups, also there is CM, which has helped me a lot. I am actually getting divorced, finally tomorrow. Dont worry, you can do it. Find a set of girlfriends who can alswys be there for you even on here, and talk when you need it Good luck!
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• hugsTake it one day at a time and don't let it overwhelm you. Many of us did it and wondered how we would get through but we did.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• HUGS to you. You will get through it one day, sometimes one hour or one minute at a time. You will cry. You will be fine. You will go to work. You will love your son. Your friends will rally around you. And you will talk to us. PM if you want. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I did it with 3 kids. Don't look back and second guess yourself. One door closes and another opens. Take it one day at a time and don't engage in any fights if your ex is wanting one. Live your life for you and your children. Everything else will fall into place.
    Good luck.....and we are always here to listen and lend you our shoulders!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My advice: find a representative for you to be in a court, authorize him/her - does not to be a lawer, can be a friend, family member who knows your situation well or you describe all to him/her. she/he can write for you the case issues - you don't have to go through it again talking, writing etc. than all will touch you less emotionally. might take longer to answer any court questions but for health sake - worth it! Consider yourself, allways bests!!!
    Anonymous

• Friends and family. I did that 6 years ago with 4 children. All of my family and friends lived 2 hours away (thank God for the phone!). He left me before I had our last child, so I had a newborn, 16 month old, 4, and 9 yr old. It was hard, but you have to get through it because you have children and don't really have a choice. Eventually things just fall into place. It's not easy, but it gets easier.
    Anonymous