For those who have had the H1N1 flu...

I have not really felt that great all day but no vomiting or anything. I took a nap and woke up with a bad headache, neck and shoulder pain. Took meds and then got a fever of 99.1 that then went to 101 and has just been flucuating between 100.3-101. My head and what not feel better finally and my fever has gone down to 99.8. I am 12 weeks pregnant! Oh and i have a dry cough its not constant but i have one and woke up with that as well. I called my OB about an hour ago and i am still waiting to hear back from them. What do you guys think? Think its just sick or what? I am just worried because i am pregnant. I have not even had the reg flu for as long as i can remember. And my hubby and i decided that the shot has not been out long enough to get it, so i did not recieve that. Thanks!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 6:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Health

• i know
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 99.1 and 99.8 is not fevers. You have had low grade fevers (above 100), but nothing worth worrying about..pregnant or not.

Be careful what "meds" you're taking while pregnant, you shouldn't be taking anything before talking with your OB.
    Anonymous

• Get some elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.
    Most important, stay well hydrated!
    Feel better

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009