Is anyone else "brave" enough?

Is anyone else "brave" enough to confess that they let their kid get up in the morning and they stay in bed? I put "brave" in quotes because obviously I'm not THAT brave or I wouldn't post this anonymously LOL. My DS is 3 and he gets up around 7 am. I am way too tired to get up then so usually the diaper gets changed and the TV gets turned on. He usually gets a snack for himself until I get up and make him something more substantial. I usually end up getting up around 9 am. I was wondering if any moms out there did the same thing or something similar and were willing to step forward, even if it is anonymously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not with a 3 year old LOL, my son would tear the house down one screw at a time. Now they are 8, 10 and 17 so yeah I do that sometimes but not often.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• If I stay in bed it is never for that long I would get up change her diaper then put her back in her crib with something to eat and something to drink and maybe lay down for like 30 mins but I dont ever leave her alone to roam around that house because she could choke on something she could climb on something and fall or bust her head open or anything she could pull the tv off on her head or anything you never know and if your not careful laying down that long ....you could wake up and not have a son ....im sorry to put it this way but you have to be careful
    Anonymous

• i've done it...gotten up fixed breakfast...turned on the tunes and went back to sleep for an hour or so. My son has always been very good and not the type to get into stuff or make a mess and he is a good listener
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• OP here Anon: 6:34 How old is your DD? Is she your first and only?
    Anonymous

• Oh yes, I do it. Only on weekends. Sometimes he's up by 5:30!! He's REALLY good though, he's 20 months and he has a morning routine...wake up, change diaper, get cheerios, put in Wall-E or Finding Nemo, and I go back to sleep....then later he comes in my room after he poops and I change his diaper and either wake up or lay in bed for a little while longer. Seriously this is every morning. He's a great kid! AND we have a small apartment so I can hear EVERYTHING! I am NOT a sound sleeper.
    Anonymous

• i probably would have been more cautious if i had stairs but we didnt have stairs when he was that small
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No I don't because it's my job to be there for my kids when/if they need me. I have a 5 year old I know would be okay to do it...but I don't think it's right.

But then I make sure I'm up before them so I can have my "me" time in a nice quiet house.

No, I'm really not a morning person.
    Anonymous

• I did when I was pregnant. I just couldn't get going. So I would make my oldest breakfast and get him set up with cartoons and lay down on the couch. I would fall asleep for about another hour and then wake up and play with him. He didn't mind. He would usually cuddle with me anyways. I can't do that now. My 10 month old would tear everything apart.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I do but my kids are 4 and 5. my bedroom is right off the living room so i hear any noises they produce. They did get milk on my new rug this morning though, sucked!
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• If your a SAHM then you are a SLACKER!!!! and it disgusts me the ones that brag about how their kids life is so much better because they are a sahm yet they stay in bed while thier children take care of theirself!!!
    Anonymous