OK needs someone to answer all of theses questions for me

Im 17 years old and a little over 31 weeks pregnant. Im just wanting to no how do you no when your baby drops, why do i have theses bad cramps in my stomach and it feels like it goes to the top of my legs, when i sleep on either side i start cramping or like ache pains are on the sides like right by my hips, I always feel dizzy or light headed like im going to pass out. Im STILL sick at almost 8 months :( and i think thats all i got to ask for now
so if you can help me plz cause this is my 1st pregnacy and really scard for labor i want them to induce me and not go into labor at my house

Mallorysmom903

Asked by Mallorysmom903 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 8 months also, but this is my second pregnancy. I think feeling dizzy is normal. As far as the cramping thing, not sure. It could be early labor. Talk to your OB asap about that. But please don't get induced if not necessary. I always believe the baby will be here when it's meant to be here. Let things happen naturally. Labor of course can hurt, but as soon as you feel like you are call your doc immediately. With my first I had a cramp early in the morning and then as the day went on pain got worse, but as soon as you get that epidural, pain is gone istantly. I was only in labor an hour and a half when I left my house for the doctors. Luckily I was dialated enough for them to send me to the hospital. Don't be scared, it will work out the way it's meant to be.
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• have you asked your OB or midwife all of these? induction can be a great thing for medical problems, it can be life-saving. but if there are no medical problems it is not a good thing because it does come with increased risks for distress in the baby and c-section for you. not every baby noticably drops. mine didn't. i think those "cramps" would be braxton hicks, which are totally normal =) it is highly unlikely that you wouldn't notice the signs that you are going into labor. there are some really good books on the subject, like "ina mays' guide to childbirth", or you can just see what your library has. good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• You do not want to be induced! Don't let them do it unless your life or the life of the baby is in danger. It makes labor much worse. It make the contractions stronger, longer, and more painful. It makes it hard to stay in control of yourself during labor. Even women who have had babies and have taken classes have trouble with induced labors.

It may not be too late for you to take childbirth classes. If money is a problem, call and tell them and they will probably let you take them any way. If you can, then rent childbirth class videos from the video store or borrow them from the library. You need to know what is going on with your body.

If you live in a city there may be someone that is training to be a doula that needs to help pregnant moms through labor to become certified. You may be able to find someone like this to help you for free, little fees, or barter.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I'm 19, 35 almost 36 weeks preggo with my first. I know it's scary. First off drink more water. That should help with the dizziness. The cramps are either braxton hicks contractions or your hips spreading. More likely it's your hips spreading. I've been dealing with the same sleeping issue and it's usually braxton hicks contractions. It hurts, it makes you uncomfortable, and sleep seems like a far off memorie. Only thing that really helps me is tucking a pillow under my tummy and laying as much on my tummy as I can instead of on my side.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 8:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• the best thing you could do for yourself and your baby is to educate yourself on pregnancy and birth...go to the library or bookstore and get some books and READ, the more you learn and more you know and the more at ease you will be with what you are going through and about to go through...knowledge is POWER, dont just rely on what other tell you, find out for YOURSELF!
    Here are a couple of books that I learned a lot from and highly recommend to ALL pregnant women...
    Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
    Spiritual Midwifery
    Hypnobirthing
    Your Best Birth

OH, and watch the documentary The Business of Being Born, it is a MUST see! You can get it though netflix.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009