What should I do so my ex doesn't forget to feed my son?

My ex forgot to feed my son lunch when he had him. My son is 19 months and doesn't talk so he couldn't say anything. My ex said he had breakfast and so goldfish. He said he was fussy all day so I asked what he ate. When he got home he was so hungry and I told his dad and he felt so bad. He's just not used to having him alone. What should I do so he doesn't forget anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• call him and remind him... set an alarm on his cell phone.. pack a note in the diaper bag..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Tell his dumb ass if he can't be responsible for the child he can't have visits with him... Really who forgets to feed a baby? Thats neglect. My kid wouldnt go back unless that loser got his act together
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon. What a loser! And you, making excuses for the abuser... typical...
    Anonymous

• OP- the baby ate. He was only over there from 8 last night to 5 today. He snacked just didn't have an actual lunch. He was hungry not starving. He dad would have feed him dinner had he kept him until dinner time.
    Anonymous

• I think if he forgot once, and he feels bad about it, he probably won't forget again, but really, what type of idiot forgets to feed a baby?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• He feels bad about it so he didnt do it to abuse the child! set an alarm or pin a note on the back of your child's shirt so that everytime he turns around daddy gets a reminder.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I dont know your custody situation but does your ex know if he takes a bottle or a sippy cup? Some guys just seriously DONT know. When your ex eats food he should feed the baby at the same time and lots of milk inbetween.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• OP- yes, he knows he takes a sippy and he gets milk in the morning and night. And water or juice during the day. But the problem with him feeding our son when he eats is that he usually only eats breakfast and dinner. He had always been like that.
    Anonymous

• I would write out a little schedule of when baby eats and what he usually has at what time so maybe the ex can just follow that. And maybe call at lunch time just to remind him. Not to excuse it but sometimes men just don't think about all of these details like we do.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I think writing out a schedule for him would be good. He could just put it on the fridge to help him remember. I do that for dh when he stays with the kids and he lives here. He would forget somethings too if I didn't write it down for him.
    Anonymous