Wtf is her problem?

Ok so I posted awhile ago about my bil that was living with mil. He likes to molest little children, so I won't bring my kids around. So here's an update. My f##$ mil called my mom to complain that I won't bring the kids over for Christmass. Hello dumbass 1st my mom can't stand my mil and she agrees with me 100% about not having the kids around bil. 2nd get it through your thick nasy head that I will not bring my children around a convicted sex offender. He did it to my dh and to his own kids. So my mom and mil get into a huge fight so they decide to 3way me and bring me into their fight. So I hung up cause we have been fighting about this for 10 years. Now the iceing on the cake is that my sil calls me today telling me how I'm ruining thier family and my mil is so upset that she might not celebrate christmass at all now. Boo Fuckin hoo. We offered for her to come over to our house but she said no way. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• You did what you should do. She either shows up for Christmas at your house or she doesn't. Don't even keep discussing it. It is what it is. You made your decision.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Keep protecting your kids and don't feel guilty about it.

They all have problems.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Who cares what they think. I would ignore them altogether if they are going to be like that. I mean really is she(your MIL) really expecting you to bring your kids around him, a convicted sex offender. Um, if she is, she'll be waiting a long time. Tell em that you won't be coming and that is that and you won't be arguing the fact anymore either. It's not worth it. They aren't worth it if they can't see what he really is.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I definately don't think I would expose my child to that situation. If your in laws cant understand the situation,they are unrealistic and insensitive. Why would you want to even risk it. I wouldnt worry about their opinions in the situation and dont change your stance!
    JoMcD

Answer by JoMcD at 7:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Do nothing dude. These are your KIDS. Dont bring them around your BIL and if she does not want to come over your house to celebrate then F*CK Her! she obviously does not care!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you 100% you are the mother it is YOUR job to protect those kids. You are doing the right thing as any mother and responsible adult should do! Good for you!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• First of all, there are way too many people in this argument. I agree with you in not bringing your children around a convicted sex offender. Your MIL should understand that, as no person should want their grand/children around a Sex Offender. Second of all, you need to handle this with your MIL and only your MIL. Nobody needs to be in this argument but you/DH and her. If she feels the need to bring other people into it, then the argument is then over. No reasoning around it, the argument is over. You guys are not in high school, you don't need people rallying around you to "win" the argument. Explain to her CALMLY and in a civil manner why you don't want your children around your BIL. Let her know that she is allowed (if you wish) to come visit the children, but your child are not (and be firm about this, but civil) allowed around your BIL. Let her know that is the end of the discussion as it has gone on too long.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• if they she can't understand your feelings and understand why you will not bring your kids over there, she's a fucking idiot.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 7:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hang in there honey, you're doing the right thing!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thank you to all that answered my ?. I just got off the phone with her and calmly told her that this topic is no longer up for discusion. She called me the devil and a whore, but I stood my ground. Dh then told her the same thing. So all contact with her is done untill she can grow up and become a normal person that is gratefull that her grand kids have parents that are willing to protect their children. She failed to protect hers from this guy but I will be damned if I will do the same.
    Anonymous