If you work thirds ...

I'm a SAHM and my husband works. We would like to switch positions, but there aren't many options for me with my small work history. Since I was 18 I have worked a total of four jobs. None of them more then a year and a half, which I know is pretty bad in a potential employers eyes. Anyhow. My husband gets paid a decent amount and we can't afford any pay cuts. Infact we could use a pay increase. Therefore, I'm trying to seek out all my options to see how feesable this is.

1. How much did you get paid hourly?
2. Did you recieve Time and a Half? (Some companies do, do that since it's overnight work)
3. Where did you work? (No need to list company names if you don't want to, I am just looking for the type of industry you worked in.)

Any other tips, suggestions, or advice you have is welcome! THANKS!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 7:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• 1. How much did you get paid hourly? $8.50 an hour. But it was a grave shift so it's not like you do much.... at least at this particular place.
    2. Did you receive Time and a Half? Nope
    3. Where did you work? With people with disabilities- usually mentally and physically. They just needed someone to stay the night at their home and help them get ready in the morning. My husband worked a job at a troubled youth center... which was basically the same thing that I did.
    Any other tips: Start asking people when they work and what they do. There are a lot of places like this- but it helps if you already know someone that works there.
    Anonymous