Why do most people dislike independent fundamentalist bapists and other Fundamentalist Christians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because fundies want everyone to believe the same as they believe. They want to sqwash the rights of others. If they would live and let live I would have no issues with them but they want everyone to be just the same.
    Anonymous

• well I guess I can't say I dislike ALL of them but I tell you my parents went to this big church in Hammond IN (maybe you have heard of it) And it ruined our life! The people were so judgmental and though they were all better than everyone else..they worshiped their pastor. And some familys (like mine) went to the extreme! So no I don't dislike all of them just most of the ones that I had have met. But I'm not saying your that way I'm just giving my opinion and answering your question.
    Anonymous

• Here is a quick link to what I believe about Christian Fundamentaists
    http://www.cuttingedge.org/NEWS/n1861.cfm
    Read the link to better understand a Christian Fundamentaist which I am.
    Anonymous

• i don't think MOST people dislike either. rather generalizing to say it like that. i mean, they are a huge group of people..do they dislike themselves,or are they not included in this 'most' thingy?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• LOL Trust me thehairnazi they do not dislike themselves! They love themselves!! That is the sad part they feel that they are better than everyone else. Well I shouldn't say "they" since I don't know all of them but the ones I know (and I know ALOT of them) Believe they are the only ones that are right!
    Anonymous

• anon..i was raised fundamentalist baptist...again, a generalization on an entire denom because of one church/aquaintances.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Because they don't know their place.
    Anonymous

• I am an independent fundamentalist Christian/Baptist
    and I don't think that I am better than anybody else, I just defend the Bible no matter what and alot of people take that as me thinking I am better than them. That's not the case I just won't go around tickling everbody's ears.
    Anonymous

We never squash anybody's rights we tell them what the Bible says is all. You have the right to do or believe what you want, but if it's wrong we try to correct you through the Bible, we aren't saying believe our way or we will kill you. We are simply showing you what the Bible say.
    Anonymous

• Im the anon and 03 and 24

Well LIke I said I wasnt talking about every fundamentalist because I don't know every one of them but I do know ALOT and was raised in a fundamentalist family. My Dad went to collage to be a pastor at Hyles Anderson Collage. And all I'm saying is the onse I knew and grew up with are all that way. They think they are the only ones that are right. But of course the will not admit it. They are taught not to listen to any other point of veiw.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009