HOW DO I POTTY TRAIN MY 2 YR OLD LIL BOY? NOTHING WORKS.

MY HUSBAND & I HAVE CONFLICT ABOUT THIS. DO YOU PUT HIM IN TIME OUT EVERY TIME HE GOES POTTY OR #2 IN HIS PULL UPS?

cbcbcb3

Asked by cbcbcb3 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Absolutely not! Try the 3 day Potty Training Method. It has worked for everyone I know
    Anonymous

• 2 is actually young for a boy to train. Most boys train around 3 yo. If he's giving you signs that he is ready to train, continue on. It can take several months to train, or a few days, depending on the dedication of the parent and the readiness of the child.

Never discipline a child for having an accident. Never!

epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Each child is different! The key to potty training is THEY WILL DO IT WHEN THEY ARE READY I know that is probley not what you want to hear, but sometimes they feel pressured and just won’t do it I bet if you back off for a couple weeks he will want to do it on his own. my 5 year old potty trained in 2 days at the age of 2 now on the other hand my 3 year old took months to potty train so we just said freak it and stopped and in a week or two he was doing it on his own...
    MaMaDukeS321

Answer by MaMaDukeS321 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Oh potty training is tough. Don't punish it won't help. Rewards are a good motivater though. My oldest was almost 4 before he was fully potty trained. My two year old now will do perfectly when we are with my mom. But at his other grannies its horrible. At my house its off and on. Its crazy.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• These are good answers. Punishing is an awful thing to do. Punishment at age two for anything is tough to get across much less potty training. You'll shoot yourself in the foot with that approach I'm afraid. I know it's so frustrating but getting a kid to poop on the potty is really hard. Try facing him backwards on the toilet, so he's facing the tank. Worked for us.
    Anonymous

• Thank u ladies!!!!!!!!!! I read your comments to my husband & he agreed to back off !!!
    cbcbcb3

Answer by cbcbcb3 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2009