Would you support this in your state?

It’s hard to figure out exactly where John Marcotte is coming from.

Here is what is clear: he took a logical idea, developed a cause around it, established a website, created a firestorm of support and just got authorization from the Secretary of State in California to move forward in getting signatures to put his cause on the ballot next November.

His cause? Eliminating the right to divorce in the state of California, called the California Protection of Marriage Act 2010.

In earlier interviews Marcotte has said a divorce ban is “the next logical step after Proposition 8 to protect the sanctity of marriage.” He believes if people supported Prop 8 but not this measure, they are hypocrites.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well the hypicrrite thing is true IMO. But everyone should have a right to marry or divorce WHOEVER they choose. Cali is just one f'ed up state.
    Anonymous

• Or, if you support bans on gay marriage, Are you a hypocrite?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I didn't read the full article, but I suppose if you're going to go around screaming marriage is sacred you should support a no divorce law. If you have the right to divorce whoever you want to you should also have the right to marry whoever you want to.

Anonymous

• No I wouldn't support it, and no I'm not a hypocrite. I think the pushed homosexual agenda is bad for society and especially children. I was just reading a post on here not to long ago about it being normal for 12 year old girls to claim to be bi-sexual because it's the new in thing to do for attention and blah blah blah.
    I think we are far over sexualized as a society and that both hetero and homo sexuals need to keep it in the closet.
    Anonymous

• No.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• All or nothing - there is no intelligent way to defend only one of them and say the other is wrong.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes, I would support it, provided there were ways for a divorce if adultery or abuse were occurring. No-fault divorce has been a bad thing for families and for children.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

•  I think the pushed homosexual agenda is bad for society and especially children

Do you have any evidence that the so called homosexual agenda is harming society or children? 12 yr olds being confused about thier sexuality or playing bi to fit in or get boys attention is nothing new and can you prove it is a result of the "gay agenda"?

I can prove that divorce does indeed hurt kids.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No.

Carpy am I mistaken or are you not a supporter of bans on gay marriage? Why do you support one but not the other?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009