my husband's brother and wife are rude and hurtful to me, and yet my husband is still going to thanksgiving dinner with his side of the family, I am working so not going, but feel like he is being unsupportive of me by going and sitting with them.

what do you think?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• I wouldn't take it as he is being unsupportive of you. Thats still his family. Besides what would you have him to do while your at work, sit at home without anyone?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• He should be with his family since you have to work. Sorry his brother and SIL aren't nice.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No I think since you are working anyway and will not be there that it is fine for him to go spend the holidays with his family. I think it is unreasonable to ask him not to. Now if he were forcing you to go along it would be a different story. I understand how you feel but don't let your disdain for them come between your husband and his brother.
    Anonymous

• I understand how you feel, cause my DH's family is not nice to me. But I do not stop my DH from seeing them. I do stop them from being around me though as much as posible.

Answer by louise2 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• it's his family.. he doesn't want to sit home alone, I'm sure he'll bring food home food...
    unsupportive would be him siding with them in an argument
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• What else is he going to do?? Sit home alone?? Would that be better??

Anonymous

• that is selfish of you to feel that way
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• His family will always be his family, never going to change. BUT I do think he should stand up for you when they treat you rudely, OR better yet, stand up for yourself girl! Don't feel bad though honey, I have some "wonderful" inlaws too :)
    mikeysmomma2007

Answer by mikeysmomma2007 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• What is he supposed to do, ignore the rest of his family because you don't get along with his brother and sister in law? That is selfish of you do expect him to do so, THEY ARE HIS FAMILY!!!! Stop being so selfish and don't make him feel guilty for wanting to spend time with his FAMILY!!! You aren't going to be there anyway, so stop being selfish.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• He needs to be with his family. You will be at work. Let it go. Dont make him feel bad either.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2009