Do you beleive a house can be haunted?

My dh is watching " A Haunting in Conneticut" and I am not interested in it so far. I was wondering if you beleive ghosts can haunt a house.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• absolutely, there is definitely a spirit in my sister's house.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i believe they can. i remember growing up at my parents house we would always hear voices, like a crowd of people talking on the porch or in the bathroom, but when we'd go look to see if there was someone there , there wouldn't be. and i'd see shadows of a man wearing a big top hat walking around the living room, like when i had sleepovers and we all slept on the couches. even when i was out if town with my family, my boyfriend was house sitting for us, and he said he and his friend were hearing voices and it scared the crap out of them.
    Anonymous

• Yup. We have two ghosts in our house. We have a little girl from the 1800's and a farm hand -a young adult male from the same time period. We live on land that was a large farm from over 100 years ago. There was a lot of civil war activity around here too. There are many stories in the area of ghosts. It was a little scary at first, but we are used to them and see them often enough it is just part of our house now. My DH, DD and I have all seen them-oh yeah our neighbor has too.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I grew up in a house that was haunted. My sister and I saw them for years and my parents were like whatever. Our piano used to play itself and my parents would say "Oh the cats getting on it" until one night a few weeks after our cat had passed away our piano started playing at two in the morning and my mom walked in and saw it. We moved two weeks later lol. I think pretty much anyone of religious background believes in a spirit and afterlife so I don't see why its such a stretch to believe in ghosts.
    Anonymous

• Creepy. I believe ghosts exist but dont want any part of them. I think they are evil, not friendly.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Absolutely. Since I was little weird crap has happened to me. The house I previously lived in I was going to sleep. I looked up and there was something standing over me. My bedroom door was open So I jumped up and ran to it and it slammed! The fan was on it was one of those that is free standing and it crashed to the floor. My dog was freaking out and barking at the bedroom door and there was an awful screetching noise coming from the room. By this time I had woken up my Mother and we were both scared to death. It finally settled down and I slept on the couch from then on
    Anonymous

• yes...my babysitters house was haunted (she claims it was her grandfater) and we once had a house when i was about 12...i saw a little girl once and my little brother who was only 4 always heard whispering when he would go to bed
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I absolutely believe. We were cleaning out my grandmothers house right after she died and at night when my parents and I were the only ones left we would hear her calling up the stairs to one of my uncles who hadn't even been at the house. Then we heard her walking from the room her voice came from out into the kitchen where we were. I took a picture of the general area and when I had it developed I wasn't suprised to find a her sillouette (sp) standing in the doorway to the kitchen.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Definatly
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• yes my parents old house was.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2009