What type of cookies?

I wondered if you could share with me what type of cookies I could make that would be elegant enough for a wedding reception but that I could make NOW in my spare time and possibly freeze?

I have never frozen and thawed cookies before. Thanks in advance!

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 8:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sugar cookies

Answer by louise2 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Try martha stewart.com she always knows whats best! You can also google it for a better variety.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Lemon and chocolate drop cookies coated in powdered sugar. Italian wedding cookies are good also and have the powdered sugar coating as well. Scottish shortbread is awesome...with or without pecans. Black and white cookies would be uique. They kind of look like a tuxedo. A jam filled butter cookie...so many possibilities! A mint chocolate cookie covered in chocolate similar to the girl scout ones.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I just made some awesome pumpkin spice cookies. You could freeze them then frost them just before the wedding.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• for a wedding? hmmm.....how about baklava? one pan, easy to make, makes alot of small elegant squares in petty cups, and it freezes well. make sure you cut it before you freeze it, and don't put it into serving cups until it's time.
    or if you have a cookie press, use a simple butter spritz type recipe and use a cutout suitable for a wedding.
    be careful of allergies, messiness of the cookies, melting frostings and chocolates, and strong spices when serving a crowd
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Lace cookies - there are various recipes out there, I know allrecipes.com has a few, including an oatmeal lace cookie that I'm making for Christmas.
    Anonymous