I found an engagement ring on accident in my boyfriends backpack about 5 months ago, i was 3 months pregnant. I'm now 8 1/2 months and he still hasn't proposed. He knows I had found it and I got really frustrated last week and asked him why he hadn't proposed yet. He said he is scared that I wasn't going to stay with him. I don't get it. We have been together for over 3 years and I am having his son.

apercell

Asked by apercell at 9:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Dont think that you have to get married just because you are pregnant. You should get married only because you love each other not because that is what is best for the baby because sometimes it isnt. At least you will know that when he does ask, you know its because he loves you and not because he thinks he has to.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Having a baby is scary for guys. Realize that he's entirely unsure of his future. Wait until after the baby is born and you guys have had a couple of months to get into family mode before you bring it up again.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 9:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Holy Crap dont listen to the anonymous chick! If she is unhappy with people like that then she needs to leave the country. I was married before I got prego but Im not gonna look down on anyone like that. Getting prego isnt any diff than some one who had sex before marriage. They just didnt get knocked up. Anywho, that was a really mean thing to say!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• He is probably freaked out about the baby. I would have never admitted or brought up anything to do with the ring cause that just adds pressure. Never bring it up again....That way he can do it cause he wants to marry you not because you are pressuring him. Trust me he will do it when he is ready:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Just because you are having his child, does not mean he has to marry you or even propose. You should have done all that before getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Honey you just have to give him time and during that time maybe send he some really strong hints that your ready to take the relationship a step farther then show him how much you love him. Do special things together like preparing for the new baby.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• omg please dont listen to anything Anon is saying. If it was so true what there saying then why must they stay Anon. Everyone does things different and just because its different it dosent mean that it is wrong!
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Anon you sound like a lot of mouth but i bet in person your this frail little quiet mouse like bitter grump!
    Anonymous

• Since he's the one that made her a "lose gal," I'm doubting that's the issue.. maybe he doesn't want you to think that he is only marrying you because you're pregnant.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I was pregnant before I got married but I didn't find out until after I got married that I was pregnant...oh my god banish me anon 9:35. I agree with anon 9:39. Anyways, just give him some time maybe once things settle down after the baby arrives you guys can talk about getting married.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009