Are you on a b.c. pill you actually like?

I'm on Tri-Nessa which is a generic similar to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Been on it for 3 months now. It's fine for most of the month but during period week I get really down, like borderline-suicidal, plus I get at least one nasty headache right before my period. I'm calling my dr tomorrow to tell him I want a new Rx, because I can't live like this anymore. Any recommendations for pills that don't have these awful side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Health

• OP here. I called my OB today and he's putting me on LoEstrin24. I'm hoping this will be a better fit for me, if not I'll try Yaz or Seasonique.

Thanks for your input ladies!
    Anonymous

• I had the patch for two years and really liked it. I rarely even had to think about it. I've been off it for almost a year and a half now because we've been TTC, but I plan to go back on it eventually.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I am on Yaz and love it. My anxiety and mood swings are way less, cramping is gone, my periods last about 1-2 days from 7 days of really heavy flow. The flow now is light enough that I can wear a pantyliner. I have had NOT problems with Yaz.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Low dose Seasonique has less side effects because there is less hormones. and you only have a period every 3 months.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2009