Should I go into L&D or just wait it out?

Hi Ladies,
I am 32 wks&4 days pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I noticed that I had been having an extra large amount of "braxton hicks" contractions today so at about 4 I laid down... after about an hour I decided to start recording them because they weren't going away. Well 3 hours later they are still here and pretty consistent. For a little while they seemed to ease off but then came right back a little closer together. They aren't really painful - but then again niether were my first 18 hours of active labor with my first daughter. Anyways here is my records... I don't know weather to go in and get checked out or not. I haven't had any problems this pregnancy.... please let me know what you think I should do. Thanks!
This list is how many minutes apart they have been since I started recording: 7,8,6,10,9,9,7,8,9,12,3,15,18,9,9,7,5,9,6,6,6,5,6,6,5,8,10... thats where I'm at now... thanks again.

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 9:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your Dr or Midwife and get their opinion!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I did that with ny 4th around the same weeks as you are.. I called in and asked. They told me to take a warm bath for around 3min. And if that makes them go away it's false, if they are still bothering you then I would be checked.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I'd stay home. If you are still able to think clearly enough to write down times and type, I don't think it's really time yet. If it were me, I'd stay home until I couldn't handle them anymore, that way you are doing most of your laboring in a place where you are happy and comfortable, instead of in a strange room with a bunch of people bugging you and checking you every 5 minutes.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Sorry thats 30min's not 3
    bizima4

• I called the on call nurse about 2 hours ago. She said to take a bath and try to relax and if they didn't go away to go in and get checked out but she didn't say how long to wait before I went in... and I had already been relaxing for 2 hours...
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• raybird - I'm only 32 wks though... so wouldn't I need to give them time to try and stop it if its real?
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I didn't pay attention to how many weeks you are. I'd consider going in since you're not due for a while. Did they tell you to make sure you're drinking enough water? Sometimes being dehydrated can make you have crampy feeling contractions.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• lay down and get hydrated ...sound like a dehydration thing to me
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I've had 2 bottles of water in the last 4 hours...
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Call again and tell them the times you've written down and that you've taken a bath and drank water, etc. Let them know you're concerned and you'd like to come it to make sure everything's ok.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009