how long do these questions/answers stay posted and do people browse them?

This is my first venture into Questions/Answers so I've been going back and back, then I realized, hey maybe these posts are too old so it doesn't matter that I'm giving an answer to a question from last week. Do people really read all these posts - it's so overwhelming! Or is it more like a daily newspaper - today's headlines are only interesting today?

shellbyrne

Asked by shellbyrne at 9:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are there until the person who asks the question chooses a best answer - so up to forever. If you go back more than a page or two, most people may not see them, but the person who asked will see it pop up on their home page, and anyone who subscribed to the question when they answered it (optional) will get a message about it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I believe the questions posted remain posted until the orignal poster closes it... it does fade down the trail of questions as more are posted...
    Also you can or the poster can have it on their homepage that you know when someone has answered your question(s)...
    I usually will go back several pages if there has been many questions posted and not all questions will get an answer from me, but I do read a lot of them...
    Don't let it overwhelm ya to much... just stick to the ones that really interest you and you will be just fine...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• OK, because I've been answering questions from last week or even older! I've been on Cafemom for a year and never looked in here much - just stayed in my groups or wrote a journal post. Thx!
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• until someone either deletes/reports/ or selects a best answer.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• When it's a question I asked, I read every response. When it's a question I'm answering, I usually only read the question and then respond. I might catch a glimpse of the answers on the first page of answers, or the answers right above my own after I've posted, though.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You will soon see the same questions posted again, and again, and again, and........ This points to the fact that nobody goes back any further than a couple of days or weeks. And it also points to the fact that its the same people who keep asking a certain question. They post it ad nauseum until they get the answer they WANT. I go thru the questions I've answered about every two weeks. Welcome to the fun!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2009