Did you got pregnant the first time you had a trigger shot?

If so, do you remember how many mature follicles you had?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What?
    Anonymous

• yeah, I am confused. what is a trigger shot? and what about mature follicules. I got pregnant after sex. LoL
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• its fertility drugs. I took them when I was doing egg donation, so it wasnt myself that was trying to get pregnant but I remember they extracted a good number of eggs from me after the trigger shot (damn that huge needle!(...I think they said they got 12 or 18.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• There are so many different procedures and protocols that go along with the trigger shot. For me, it was IVF attempt #5, and they retrieved 8 follicles. Six were mature and fertilized, three made it to day 5 and two were transferred back to me. My twins are now going on 4yrs old.

Before that, I had trouble with failed IUIs after trigger and injectible meds, and IVF with no fertilization.

It's not the best idea to compare your cycle to anyone else's. It could either set you up with false hope and disappointment, or unnecessary fear and worry. Just take it a day at a time. Do all you can to keep yourself healthy and relaxed. Keep the blood flowing to your reproductive area by exercising....even getting out for short walks help.

Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2009