HELP!

My daughter is going through a phase of not going to bed well. She is 22, almost 23 months old. I normally would put her in bed.. read her a book, and turn on shriek for her, and it would put her to bed within a half an hour. Now... she gets up and I have trouble getting her to just lay down and go to sleep. She also get's a bath before the book. This started 3 weeks ago... I've tried giving her warm milk before bed, cutting the movie, and reading extra books, the super nanny trick of just putting her back into bed and not saying a word... none of this has worked at all... I'm at a loss as to what else to try to get her back into her regular schedule... any ideas?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kids go thru growth stages, you may just be in the throws of growth. Try taking her favorite stuffed animal & dressing it in a tee shirt of yours you haven't washed. Have you tried cuddling her till she falls asleep? Maybe a story on tape would help. If there have been any changes in the household she's adjusting to them.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• DON;T LET HER SLEEP AT ALL IN THE DAY.CUT OUT HER NAP.
    Anonymous

• anon, that really isn't an option. If she doesn't take a nap, she turns into a monster.. who still won't go to bed on time.. I'd rather deal with a happy, don't want to go to sleep child, than a cranky, I don't wanna go to sleep monster.

Besides, it's really unhealthy for the kids if they don't get their nap. It's not like she's 5, and it is an option.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Nyx7 no changes in the household... she always goes to bed with whatever doll she decides she wants to sleep with, and tried the t-shirt thing last week.. no luck, she ends up thinking it's dress up time and takes it off the doll and gets out of bed, and stands in the mirror to play dress up. But I will try the story on tape thing, and see how that flies...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009