Doesn't it annoy you when . . .

Other mothers say things like "well, she trained you from the beginning."--(because my daughter would not sleep unless I was holding her) I said to her "A newborn cannot manipulate" and she said "of course, they can"

It just really bothered me. I've known her for years, but her cousin is one of my best friends, so we don't hang out just "us" very often. In fact, she seemed annoyed that when we left the baby shower today (my friend, her cousin) that my daughter (16m) was still rear facing. She was like "Huh, you can turn them at 6 months" . . I was like "6 months? Actually, no legally it's 1 year and 20lbs, but it's safer to rear face longer and we're waiting until at least 2 years." The strangest part is, she is a great mother, a special education teacher and working on her Masters . . . so you'd think she'd know something as simple as this. Anyway, it bothers me that she suggested that I could have done something . .

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Some people just need to learn to mind their own, kwim? If you want to hold your DD every minute of everyday, then you go right ahead, 'cause they're only that little for so long. Enjoy it while you can!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• other than hold my daughter 24/7 in the first few months. Should I have let her cry and cry for me and thought to myself "I'll ignore her . . this will teach her!" It just upsets me, I guess. I wasn't manipulated by my baby . . . I was mothering her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• She probably just likes to pick apart anyone who does anything differently than she does. It's annoying, but there's no point in competeing a mommy contest with her.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• There's no point in competing in a mommy contest with her? Where did you see I was competing? I'm venting about something that happened and right away I"m competing with her? God forbid anyone on this site ever show some compassion. Why does everyone woman sign on with her claws out?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Babies know the differance between being held and not being held.

But if you want to hold your baby 24/7, you go right ahead.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Just because someone is educated doesn't mean they have any common sense. I hate moms like that.
    I have 4 kids that I held all the time and they were NOT spoiled.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous :09. Why are you being so mean. She is just giving her opinion.

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hahahahah Anon 10:06--You're common sense comment just brought me back about 13 years. I remember one time, we borrowed her car and when we brought it back . . she was snapping out. "Did you wreck my car???? The hood won't open!!" blah blah blah And we were like "NO, do you see any dents?" Finally, her Dad heard the commotion and came outside and said "Honey, did you pop the hood from inside?" . . . lmao . . . she hadn't. You are so totally right on the common sense comment . . thanks for that. I feel a little better! I had completely forgotten about that!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• *Your common sense . .
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• And now your picking on me! You are a sad sad person anonymous. I never said I used the CIO method did I?

Answer by louise2 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009