Do you think flag burning should be legal?

I saw this question on another website and I was curious as to what ya'll thought.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Making burning it illegal kind of goes against the freedom that the flag itself represents. It's just a symbol, and I think the whole argument over it is just silly.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon :15
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• yes, as much as it kills me it is freedom of speech
    Anonymous

THIS. the banning is a greater desecration of its symbolism than the burning.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I think its AWFUL and I would not hesitate to use MY freedom of speech to tell someone I saw doing it how I felt.......BUT I agree with the other posters..... :(

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• In America, you have every right to be a dumbass is that's what you choose...I would hope that one day they would realize what it represents to the people that have died and fought in its name...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No. It should not.

It sucks, but no. A world of no.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Freedom first. Of course it should be legal.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 11:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I don't like the thought of anyone doing it, but taking a person's freedom and rights away by making it illegal would be worse.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Well seeing as how your supposed to burn the flag after it touches the ground or gets ripped yes I think it should be legal. Does it bother me to see people doing it out of hatred yes my friends husband is in Iraq right now fighting for them to be that stupid, however to do it for the proper reasons doesnt bother me. I would rather see a boy scout or a member of the armed services burn a torn flag that have it sit in a dump forever
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2009