aniexty attack? ghosts? what the he!! is going on?

a lil history before i ask my question.....through out my years (im 22) ive had bad experiences where when i go to sleep or am falling asleep i get this OVERWHLEMING feeling like i must wake up or look over but i never can, something is holding me down. I feel like I am about to be harmed. ive tried everything from breathing techniques, happy thoughts, praying, ignoring it, taking it on, and nothing has made it stop it just intensifies until i can finally shake out of it. well...long story short i never knew what it was i assumed it was something i couldnt see so we moved and it went away. well now its back! the only things i can relate then to now is family and personal stress. could I be having aniexty attacks or is this something spiritual like ghosts? because things have been falling and moving around the hosue lately as well as my son having bad night terrors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I believe it could be either anxiety or spirit stuff. Sounds a lot like both. You're going to think I'm crazy but before you go to bed, say this: "May the white light of the holy spirit surround me, past life pain, fears and negativity be released from my spirit mind into the white light."

Do this until it goes away. Ask your spirit guide to be with you and help you. If it's anxiety, you should have big stress in your life. If you don't, I would think it's spiritual and it'll go away.
    Anonymous

• Right, spirit guides make so much more sense than actual science telling you WHY this happens to so many people.
    Anonymous

•  Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking. Sleep paralysis may accompany other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is an overpowering need to sleep caused by a problem with the brain's ability to regulate sleep.

this has also been known as hypnagogia which is a state of consciousness. the same conciousness that spirit guides aid.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Do you have any links to a reputable site that says anything about spirit guides? Something with real stuff and proof and all that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I and my oldest son have night terrors if we consume dairy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It's not anxiety attacks, they don't work that way. Sounds more like a ghost who is unhappy with you or you being in the house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• The term for this phenomenon is not ghosts - it's hypnogogic/hypnopompic paralysis, or simply sleep paralysis. It is commonly referred to as the Hag Phenomenon because of old beliefs that it was caused by evil spirits, ghosts or hags sitting on the chest and attempting to hurt the sleeping person.

During sleep, the body goes through several stages of sleep - the deepest being the REM stage. It is this stage that you dream in. The body provides it's own 'safety' feature during this stage, essentially locking down the body by blocking certain motor signals and relaxing the muscles to prevent the physical body from acting out the dream.

continued
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Occasionally as the mind moves through the stages of sleep and comes back to the lightest phase of sleep there is a brief moment when the mind gets to an aware stage before the body does. Out of synch for a few moments, the now lucid mind realizes that the body can't move, resulting in panic and even struggle. Usually within seconds the body catches up and all is normal again. At times these moments of sleep paralysis can be somewhat extended and/or are accompanied by extraordinarily realistic and intense hallucinations from visual to physical.

continued
    IhartU

• Sleep paralysis can include one or more of the following effects:

Unable to move legs, arms or even torso

Unable to vocalize

Feeling of pressure on chest, as if someone was sitting or pressing on it, even a strangling or attacked feeling

Feeling of choking or inability to breath

Emotional reactions such as terror, dread, panic

Sounds become very intense

Auditory hallucination - such as ringing, whistling, breathing, rustling, scratching, buzzing, knocking, animal noises, music, moaning, laughing and yes even footsteps. Sometimes distinct voices or phrases are reported. Some sounds are very 'natural', some are extremely loud or piercing. It is notable that they are most often reported as very clearly "external" - not "in the head".

Visual cues become very intense

Floating or out of body feeling, feeling of l
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009