Tilted Uterus?

My doc had to do an ultrasound the other day and no I am not prego but while he was doing it he said wow your uterus is tilted! I freaked out! He said it abnormal but didnt explain much. This is not the doc I used when I was prego with Isaiah and no one told me this before I delivered so Idk if it was like this before or if it happened during delivery. Have you heard of this?

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Health

• I have the same thing; I've had two kids and as far as I know, it's nothing. I could be wrong though!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I was under the impression it was fairly common especially after you've had kids, but if you haven't it shouldn't bother anything really.. but maybe I am wrong.
    Anonymous

• I have one and didn't know until I was miscarrying my 4th pregnancy. I'd had 2 babies by then, so it's really not a huge deal. My uterus tilts backward, I think it can make it a bit harder to get pregnant, but once pregnant it will correct as your pregnancy progresses and your baby and uterus grows.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I've had a tipped uterus for over 20 years, since the birth of my 2nd child. It's not affected my reproductive activities in any way. Canadianmom is correct, it will right itself as a pregnancy progresses.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I've been told that by GYNOs all my life. There is nothing wrong, it is just the way your body is built.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2009