Has anyone ever got hives from using Febreeze?

My baby has broken out into hives and I cannot find the cause. There are not very many things that have changed since that day. There were only three things that we could come up with that may have caused it: she ate a tropical fruit cup for the first time, we replaced her infant seat with a rear-facing convertible seat, and I used a new febreeze on the carpet. I have washed the carseat cover and she hasn't had any more fruit since Friday (when the hives first broke out), and she still broke out on Sautrday. The weird thing is, she broke out in the a.m., took a nap and woke up looking great, then broke out again right before my eyes at the doctor office!
She looks better today...we haven't been home much today.
Has anyone else has this experience with Febreeze?

Pieta0227

Asked by Pieta0227 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Health

• my son is 4 and cannot use that b/c he breaks out. i didnt know either what was causing it either, until i also realized my pets were constantly itching as well.
    Anonymous

• yes, but i get hives from darn near everything. it's not fun.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 11:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• its the febreeze. that stuff is nasty. try baking soda if you need to freshen the carpets.

I used it once and just about sent my dh to the hospital with a severe asthma attack.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009