how much is too much?!

so .... we got a new kitten (female) on Friday (we have two cats, males) and since having the kitten here she has pooped and peed under my son's bed GRRRRRR!!! then this morning she pooped in the corner but we couldn't find it, then tonight I smelled something so we went on a mission again to find the smell and she pooped again in the same corner..This makes me mad!!! I had it, three times in two days. I say it is time to return the kitten but my husband says she is a baby and needs to learn! I have had a few cats and never dealt with this shit before. my children already love her, should I send her back or give her time?. PS! she is locked in the bathroom from now on

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my cousin and i caught him going at her...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• < the litter box in the bathroom. I HATE her already!!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i sort of feel that way too when we first get a pet, I get discouraged really easily...but I think you should stick with it...especially if it is a kitten and your kids are already in love...just give it a little more time and get some good carpet cleaner.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my MIL is coming over tomorow to shampoo the rugs :). For now I am locking her in the bathroom until she learns to go in the litter, or I get rid of her..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• where did you get it from? we brought home a farm kitten home once and after the 4th day of not using the litter box we took it back, i even got one of the cardbaord pop flats and put plastic bag in it and kept in the living room thinking she couldnt make it to the bathroom on time and she still pooped next to the upstairs door even after i seen her squating i rushed her to the lil litter box and she climbed out a peed next to it ....my mom was hard on us for taking her back but really she should of figured it out...i wouldnt put up with that at all what if she doesnt grow out of it the older they get the stronger the smell(of course you know that) i be giving her a one way ticket to where she came from...found out that farm kittens/cats are nearly impossible to litter train not sure why
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my kids were attached to that one but we (my dh and i) explained that we dont want to have a pet pottying all over the house and asked if they wanted to wake up climb out of bed into some poop..they were sad when we got rid of her but soon got over it from now we only take in adult cats so dont have to worry about the hassle
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• she came from a old lady that has LOTS maybe 10 other cats
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• and the old ladies house stunk
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• were they indoor cats? did her house smell? is there a chance that it may have been inbreed?
    Anonymous

• how old is the kitten?
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009