Disneyland and 1 year old

My son is going to be one next week and we're thinking about taking him to disneyland. Anyone else done this? Did you have fun? Did your little one last the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that is too young, u would be better off waiting till at least age 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun for anyone involved really... ugh...
    Anonymous

• My husband worked for the Disney Co. when our son was born, so we were going to the park once a month from the very first month!

"Small World" is ideal for little ones. So are the Storybook boats and the carousel. Some of the movie-theme rides in Fantasyland might be too scary since they're dark. I believe there's a Winnie the Pooh ride still...he'll like that.

There is a "parental swap" privilege at some of the more popular non-kid rides like Indiana Jones...when you get to the head of the line you let the attendant know you need to do this. They let one parent ride while the other waits with baby...and then when the first parent returns the other gets right on.

A stroller is vital and will help your little one last longer through the day.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Personally, I would wait a few years. Let's face it - he won't remember any of it and who wants to be at Disney changing diapers and thinking about missed naps, routines, etc. I think it'll be much more fun when they can actually participate in the vacation. We have been waiting for many years to go because we want it to be memorable - for all the right (good) reasons.
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 1:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My dd's have gone since they were tiny, I think they enjoyed it but it can be a bit overwhelming for some. You might want to wait until he is 2 or take along some other people with small kids so you can all enjoy rides and stuff by taking turns with the kids, my mom always goes with us and since she doesn't ride rides she does a lot of the things with the kids or waits for us. Some kids are scared of the characters when they are that small so be aware of that. If you go take a stroller and some snacks he is use to, goldfish or whatever. Plan on him falling asleep for awhile, perfect time to look though the shops or take in a show. Have fun and good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 8:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2009