Would YOU be mad or am I overreacting?

I went to New Moon today with a friend(It was an alright movie):) Anyway, while we were walking in she was going on and on about how broke she is. I've been broke before too so I listened to her and understood. When we went to pay for our movie she said, "I'm really broke please pay for mine." I didn't know what to do so I paid for it and now I'm so mad at myself and mad at her for putting me in that position. I NEVER go to the movies because it's too expensive and I myself don't have that much money, but I'm really into these books so I treated myself. I know I could've told her no, but I was so confused she's never done this to me! Also, I have no idea as to how to bring it up to her that I want her to pay me back! Do I have any right to be mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be upset, but I think at this point, what I would do is call her and say something like, "hey, I know things were pretty crazy at the movie and everything the other night, so we didn't get a chance to clarify things, but I was wondering, when were you going to pay me back for the money I loaned you for the ticket?"

Then, next time (IF you even want to do something with her again), when you make plans, you should causally ask her something like, "you know that's going to be about ___, right? I just wanted to make sure you knew, because I know money can be pretty tight, and I'm afraid I won't be able to spot you any this time..."
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'd be pissed. She shouldn't expect you to pay for her in the first place, much less asking at the ticket booth. Tell her straight out that you are not happy with being put in that position, and when she will be able to pay you back as you really didn't have the money to spare in the first place
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 12:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'd have left her butt in front of the theater.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• None of my friends would ever do that to me. I would tell her I didn't appreciate that at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would be mad too. It would be a whole diff story if she had asked when u first made the plans but at the ticket counter was wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes, you're correct and yes, you need to say something.

In the future, you might buy your own ticket ahead through Fandango so you only have to pick up what's paid for.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'd change your post, deleting the word "friend" and replace it with something else. She clearly is not.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 12:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Annasofia, I should've also wrote that I've always been the bigger person in this relationship. I got married before her and she never got me a gift, but when she got married this summer I gave her 50 dollars(not much, but what I can afford). I have treated her a couple other times too and she has never reciprocated(that's not why I treated her before, in hopes that it would come back, but it's always nice when that does happen) I guess I'm just angry with myself. I should've said no. I'm still shocked that she asked me right in from of the ticket booth lady. I wasn't gong to argue with a line behind me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would be mad too. she so convinently waited until you couldnt back out. Not a very friend like move. I would say next time your somewhere with her, whether be the grocery store or dinner or movie or wherever. Just be like oh well since i got the last one and im broke this week can you get this one. Or if your at the grocery store be like oh i forgot i need this and this so its about the same and i forgot my wallet could you pay for it please. There is no way she can argue with her if you did it for her.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• if she was broke and knew it before you guys went to the movie she should of respectivly declined the invite to the movies instead of throwing a bombshll on you like that.. you have a right to be mad
    I would of been like sorry i only brought enough for myself
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2009