At what age would you give your baby gerber jarred meats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never. Have you tasted those things? EW.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Didn't use jarred stuff at all. But we'd introduced meatballs somewhere around seven or eight months.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• hmm, well you start solids after 6 months, they start with something simple like apples and veggies and other fruit.. one fruit or vegetable a week.. so some time around 8 months we probably introduced the first meat... it may not taste good to you but its good for them to have simple stuff without added texture.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think Gerber has an age chart somewhere on their website.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Never! Have you tasted them? besides, meat is unnecessary for humans. Here are a couple of great websites: www.babyledweaning.com www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Never. That crap is disgusting. I started my oldest on real meat when he was 6 months old. My baby took a little longer and was 9 months before he would eat meat.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My MIL screwed that up for me. They never ate the jarred. She gave the boys fresh ground up turkey and chicken when they were 7 months and from then on they wouldn't eat ANY baby food. They got the taste of real food and refused to eat ANYTHING from a jar, including the fruits.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• after they finish cereal, veggies and fruit. meat is last to try
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i have decided that after opening a jar of baby food chicken my babies would be vegetarians until they can eat the real stuff. it smelled so bad i spit up a little in my mouth. i couldn't even set their and try and feed that to them the smell was terrible.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2009