Why that day ?

I know this is really none of my buisness...but a girl I know... has been planning her wedding for over a year...and the day she picked was 9/11 .... I mean she said it was because it would be cool ..??...but I mean just it seems so weird, because you really could have picked ANY day ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is really strange. I don't understand why she would think that is so cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Shes wierd.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Maybe it just happens to be convenient for her. That doesn't make her weird. She can't change what happened that day. Be happy for her and enjoy the party:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It's just another day. Something bad happened on that day, but it could have just as easily been any of the other 365 days. My birthday is on Sept 11 should I stop celebrating my birthday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ses weird cuz her wedding should be a really happy and beautiful day and to plan it on a sad and tragicl day like that sounds , somehow disrespectful , crazy and weird !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• So should no one plan a wedding on December 7? April 19? April 20? August 23-29? Bad things happen and eventually people have to move on.

Maybe her saying it would be cool was a little weird, but I think it's stupid to define our lives by the bad things that happen.

Never forget, but move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Not everyone was psychologically scarred by 9/11. I grieved for all of those families, but here in middle America for a woman who hasn't ever flown anywhere, my life didn't change. My sense of security wasn't altered or shattered. I donated money for the families etc. but I didn't know anyone who was personally affected by it. To be honest, the Oklahoma bombing was harder on me, as I was 6 months pregnant at the time that happened.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• sorry sent that a bit soon,

that was with my first baby so it was the first time I grieved as a parent.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I think it's a good thing. I think a celebration on a day that so many people think is a horrible day would be wonderful. If we change how we live our lives then the terrorist win. But I also see it as you should always celebrate your life. September 11th will always be a bad day in history but why not have a day of celebration too. My husband's birthday is 9/11 and we have had people tell us that he shouldn't celebrate his birthday because of what happened. But we make sure to celebrate every year because life is a celebration. We do what we can to remember what happened but we make sure to celebrate too.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• would you stop from doing something december 7th?
    or the day abe lincoln was killed.
    it was a terrible event, yes, but i can promise you majority of the people that passed would not want everything to stop 9/11 just because it happened, would want to see people living where they can not
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 4:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2009