What is a good video system for a 9 and 7 year old?

I don't allow violent videos and prefer educational ones (ha, ha). I want to get my boys a system they will use for more than a week or so and one that has a good variety of games. Any suggestions - they already have Nintendo DS's.

momofthreekjs

Asked by momofthreekjs at 1:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• How about a wii? they have a lot of the same games that the DS does, but for the big screen and most times for more than one player
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• wii hasvery few violent games, it also gets them up and moving about.

many of the games are great for families
    plus is one of the cheaper systems
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 4:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What about library cards?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I love having a Wii!! We got it for our kids last Christmas and we've all been enjoying it. I love that it's something we can all do together. And none of the games (that I've seen) are violent. My kids are 6 and 7.
    tel4him

Answer by tel4him at 7:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i saw a wii @ the aldi store w/ 4 games includedfor 249.00 only 1 controller but that's what I'm getting mine< i secretly> wanna play Mario bro. myself lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I love our Wii. If you go on Craigslist sometimes they have them really cheap. That's where I got mine and I only paid $300 for it. It came with 3 nunchucks, 4 controllers, 4 games and everything I needed for the Wii fit.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 8:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I would say Wii, since they have a variety of family games. However, Playstation 2's are on sale really cheap and so are the games. We have one and we have been buying games for half of what they used to be. As far as violent games go, if you don't buy them then your kids can't play them right? Just check the games out first while you are at the store, read the back, look at the rating and if you really want to know ask someone who works there.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Wii
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Kids shouldn't have a big system until they are 13+
    Anonymous