POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION

my baby just turn 3 months old :) n im an incredibly happy sahm , i go out whenever i feel like it , but mostly stay at mom .i've been to all d stores in my county lol , besides i loveeee sleeping , i always have , so i take advantage n sleep when my baby sleeps . i dont have much friends and the ones i keep in touch with , live far away . i dont open d door to noone , unless is a family member and i had to closed d windowblinds cuz da way i could be all over d apartment w/o having to worry da my noise neibhor would b here all d time (she works at night , and after few hrs of sleep sh was ready to come n bother lol . i dont like her cuz since my ds was born she was here tellin me wut to n not do (after d 1st week i did the window thing) . so ma parents thnk i have ppd , n im totally fine , what should i do to show them that im completely fine ? did anyone of u wnet tru d same experience ? im a 1st time mom , but im not dumb...

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ummm....having a little trouble understanding you...does "d" mean "the?" Sorry, but textspeak is a turnoff for getting answers.

But ...it sounds like you're fine.

You can tell one of your family members to come with you to the doctor's office and let the DOCTOR tell them you're fine. Or you can continue to ignore them.

Can't say I went through the same experience...I don't like sleeping and was too busy to hang around the house.

But you sound FINE.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• and i feel like sme ppl have this idea of first time parents being completely dumd ! which i think is absurd ! besides , i did babysitting for 6 years and of courseda experience was gonna become handy with my own son ! i feel like i dont have t be out just to "seem fine " by others. i dont go out dat much , cuz i rather take care of my son and enjoy him more at home , besides d peditrician told me to try to prevent as much of being in public places cuz of d H1N1 . and i dont want to go out to stoes n spend money da need to save to use in important cases and not just spend it unnecesarily . because someof my neighbors (including the one i mentioned b4) have insulted my baby ,and i took my claws out, that also makes my parents think i've got ppd , my mom is always tellng me how she consulted her friends and they all say the same thing . amybe shes making things up .ik tehy worry about me ,but i want to b left alone in da way !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• **smile** To a certain degree first time parents are ALL completely...well, not dumb but certainly ignorant of how things will work with THIS baby. And that's normal...no one knows how each individual child will be. I'm at least ignorant if not downright stupid with my child a dozen times a day.

It's a great experiment, this parenting adventure. Run it the way you see fit. The only opinion you truly need to worry about is that of the woman in your mirror.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you are doing just fine. and it's perfectly normal to be protective of your baby and your time. this is your nesting time to enjoy that new little one. Just because your mom was that way doesn't mean u r abnormal because u r handling things differently. Besides your mom didn't have internet and sites like cafemom to get those little tips she had to seek out in person to get. I know with my oldest I slept whenever he did. It was awesome, I so missed that w/ baby #2! I totally get why u have the shades down but make sure you are still getting your vit d3 or sunshine. both u and u're baby need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• the thing is , da she believes is really ignorant stuff , reallyyyyyyyyy old stuff , i lik to go with the advances of the today , not with stupid beliefs , like "whe my ds was born she was here everyday and putting a pillownext to him when he was sleeping , and cuzof da stupid idea , ma dson cannot sleep if he desnt have m or my dh by his side " andda isnt beneficial for none of us !

besides , woman can have 7 kids , but they re all different , so each kid is a new experience !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2009