Need some advice please!!

Ok i am wanting to buy my son a big boy carseat...he is 5 months old and is getting to big for his baby one..he is as long as it is..i want to know what kind of carseat's you guys would recommend..i plan on buying it soon..i need it to be able to rear face cause he is still so little..just one that is more comfortable for him and not so tiny..I looked at the new one from safety first i think with the air foams near the head me and my husband really like that one..but i would like to know what is best..If you could provide pics to that would be great..thanks ladies!!

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• You might contact the dealer for your make of car and see if they have any recommendations for your vehicle. Some carseats work better than others in different cars.

You can also check Consumer Reports for ratings.

It's been a lot of years for us with car seats, but we STARTED with a Graco "big boy" type that went to 35 pounds and never owned an infant carrier seat. We were quite happy with the brand.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Make sure you leave him rear facing for as long as possible. The legal age is forward face is ONE year and 20 pounds, but studies have proven it to be safer if you keep them rear facing until the car seat maxium. I suggest the Graco MyRide 65.
    Anonymous