overweight and wanting a baby !

my friend's dyin to hve a baby , shes wanted one for about 3 years , but hasnt been able to conceive , she weights 200 and sumthing . and shes concerned taht maybe her weight has been getting on her way to conceive a baby , however , she doesnt excercise and eats poorly , not really healthy . i try encouraging her to lose weight (I KNOW IS NOT EASY ) but you can do wuteer u set ur mind to , she just doesnt have any willpower .
so my question is , did u went tru d same thing ?
if so , what method worked for you ?

i want to help her , but i think da wut doesnt help her is d fact da she cant stop stressing over the fact that SHE HAS TO CONCEIVE . i already have my ds :) and afriend of hers just had a baby too , so da adds more pressure to her desire of a baby . but she also tells me da she feels like she has t have a baby cuz "every one ese has a baby" those were her actual words ! please tell me how i can help her

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• she said she'd go to the doctor , but the money issue has stopped her !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I was 203 when I conceived - but b/c I was trying to get preggers I was eating well and at least walking for exercise. I was also taking vitamins as well. If whe isn't doing good things for her body b4 getting preggers then it will be harder for her to do it once she is. Talk to her about that maybe!! If she wants a baby bad enough then she'll make the changes she needs to. If not then maybe she really isn't ready for that responsibility!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• show her some proof from a Dr. or even the internet that losing weight will help you conceive. But its not impossible to get pregnant because i was around 275lbs when i got pregnant and my boy is just fine. Also maybe she should rethink, because if she couldnt afford a doctors visit, how is she going to afford a baby. plus you shouldnt have a baby because everyone else has one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I was 230 when i conceived, but if she thinks the weight is the problem and she doesn't have the will power to loose it to try and get pregnant then what type of mother will she be
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If weight is the issue and she wants a baby THAT bad then that should be all the motivation she needs. BUT if money is topping her from going to the Dr. then WHY THE HELL IS SHE TTC!?? Doesn't sound like she can afford a baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I was 250 when I got pregnant with both of my kids. I know someone who was 350 and got pregnant with her kids. Maybe she should stop trying so hard.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I was about 200 when I got pregnant and I wasn't even trying! I was pretty much living at Mc Donalds as well so poor diet too..... I don't think thats the problem... might be him?!!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Weight may or may not be a factor. I had trouble conceiving (never did conceive actually) and was told by my OB/GYN that my weight (165) was the cause. I went through a lot of fertility treatments (including 3 IVF's) and they were all unsuccessful, so I know my weight had nothing to do with it. If she doesn't have the money to seek fertility help, then she needs to do everything she needs to do herself to achieve pregnancy...and the first step is getting herself more healthy...if she can't do it for the baby BEFORE the baby, does she think she's going to do it for the baby after she's pregnant?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If she can't take care of herself, how will she be able to care for a baby. She is better off without a baby until she is in a better mental state.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2009