What should I do about sever pain in both sides?

I was recently diagnosed with a UTI (which I will be seeing my ob tomorrow for) after going to the ER because of a sever pain in my left side. But tonight, when I tried to get into bed, I was made aware of more pain...only this time in my right side. Earlier tonight I noticed a slight discomfort in my right side but thought nothing of it. But after trying to lay down and the pain being so sever, I'm at a lose of what to do. I know that I have a doc appointment tomorrow but right now the pain is unbearable. I would go to the ER but I was there just Thursday night and I have no one to drive me home...which this hospital seems to deem necessary for any kind of attention they give me. I just don't know what to do.

Any advice would be nice. I just don't want to seem like a hypochondriac.

And I did take a pain killer but it just doesn't seem to touch the pain.

stargazer673

Asked by stargazer673 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe it is time for more pain medicine... and if your pregnant, which i'm guessing you are.. I'd go because the stress from being in pain isn't good for the baby.. and i'm sure if you go you could find a ride home... call the hospital and see what they say about the pain... maybe try taking heating pads and putting them on your sides.. sorry i can't help more... drink some cranberry juice ;)
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I am pregnant - 16 weeks
    stargazer673

Answer by stargazer673 at 3:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i so feel for you! i had one a few weeks ago im now 12 weeks pregnant, i thought i had an ectopic pregnancy because i had horrible pain on my left side! went to the er and it was a uti, my dr told me warmish baths will help just make sure its not hot hot and your not in there for along time because your temperature. also drink alot of fluids. And also if you can wear cotton underwear when your out, my dr also told me to not wear any pants of underwear when i sleep to let myself air out lol i laughed when he told me that but let me tell you two nights of doing that and telling my husband no sex so worked for me!
    if you needa talk or anything feel free to message me!
    goodluck!
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You could have round ligament pain, which is unrelated to your UTI. I had it in right side and it was so severe that I often curled up on the floor to cry. It will last until well into the beginning of your 3rd trimester. A heating pad helped but the only real relief was having the baby!
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2009