how to stop that waking me up at night?

My boy is 9 months and still wakes me up at least 2x at nights. That's because he is always fresh wet. He can not be wet and asleep. The same at day time - he momentarily calls our attentiuon. We were told 'that's good, he will be out of diapers soon', but first he has to learn walking at least. That's distant future, he does not crawl much yet. I tried different things w/ him (worked on his menu through the day, let him sleep thru wet, screemed at him, explained 'mom's sleeping' etc), but my problem exists still. I am exhausted and very need your advice and support. How did you moms make your babies sleep through the nights? He did sleep once or twice but that was it. HELP us please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with the others - just change him and put him back in bed! You CAN start potty training. They don't have to walk. Teach him the sign language for "potty" and he may start signing when he needs to go. It might help with the night time. My daughter is dry for naps and barely wet at night. She started on the potty at 9 months.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• This is a tough one especially if you're totally against CIO.... My son would get up and I'd let him "wine" for like 10 minutes and he'd sleep again right away. after a while, didn't wake up at all and if he did, he would sooth himself back to sleep right away. after a few days, he started sleeping 12 hours a night. and if he would start actually crying then I'd go check on him and see what he wanted. if it was a change, I'd change him and put him back in bed and he'd pass out soon after. good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• could be worse trust me, change him and put him back to bed
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Babies have teeny bladders.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• He's 9 months old...telling him "mom's sleeping" and especially screaming at him will not help you one bit. I wouldn't suggest CIO since you don't want him to go from not wanting to be wet to not carrying if he's wet just in case he doesn't later go back to not wanting to be wet when it's time to potty train. Considering you already are putting him in diapers at night that keep him the driest (they supposedly have ones that pull the wetness away), sounds to me your only option is to change him and put him back to bed.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you scream at your 9 month old, because he wakes up from being wet?? you can't just change him & put both of you back to bed??
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you scream at him???? he's 9 months old! he doesn't understand! just change him and put him back to bed....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• when he gets alittle older he could probaly sleep in pull ups and change himself but they grow up so fast I know you are tired but before you know it he will grow up and move out so just hug him more
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• well you could feed him an hour before he goes to sleep, and hopefully that might help with one of the times he gets you up. Otherwise you will just have to change him.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• He is a BABY....Thay don't sleep through the night half the time..DId you seriously not know tihs??Screaming at a 9 month old??? Disgrace!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2009