me and my boyfriend are so ready for a baby, i need to know when i'm fertile but i get so confused when i try and read about fertile times. URGENT HELP GUYS?!

i need to understand when my most fertile time is. i would be so greatful if someone could help

soph906

Asked by soph906 at 5:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You're most fertile when you ovulate...which happens approximately 14 days before your period begins. There are ovulation predictor tests you can buy...I'm sure they are where the pregnancy tests are.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• What in the world happened to waiting until you were MARRIED to try to get pregnant?!?!?!s
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• By ready, you mean finacially secure, with a great jump on retirement savings and ready to start saving for college?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• She didnt ask "Help!! I need to know if you mommys think Im ready to get preg. and have a baby????" Only she knows when shes ready to try and have a baby and obviously she and her boyfriend are ready. To answer your question when we were trying to get preg. I would use the ovulation calculator which you can find on many diff. websites just google "ovulation calculator" Both times I used it I found it very acurate. GL!!!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 7:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Get married, then you will be ready for a baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Try reading "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It will help you out. If you have a regular cycle then it's easier to tell when you are fertile. You will always ovulate 12-16 days prior to day 1 of your period. BUT you must have fertile cervical mucous for the sperm to survive long enough to get to the egg. So you can ovulate but not have enough mucous and thereby will not get pregnant. I would start by charting. Take BBT in the morning and check cervical position and mucous to determine 1. if you are ovulating and 2. if you have fertile cervical mucous.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Guys shut up with the getting married not everyone wants to get married people have different beliefs just because there beliefs do not match your does not mean that you should discredit them in anyway!!!! To answer your question I am using lady timer and I have found it to be unsuccessful I am personally thinking of trying an ovulation prediction kit
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I find mymonthlycycles.com to be really good. It will even send you reminders 3 days before your first fertile day.

Good luck and ignore the hags that feel the need to lecture you on being married. It's none of their business and they obviously need to get a life!
    michelle2414

Answer by michelle2414 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• First off does she really need a piece of paper to be ready for a baby? Thats absolutely absurd!....I am 28 yrs old, engaged to my fiance....we started to plan our wedding then realized that at this point it was more important for us to have our children closer in age than it was to throw an extravagent wedding...so we are post poning our wedding until after we have another baby. And i will NOT go to the justice of peace just for a piece of paper!

Back to the subject....It is an average that women ovulate 14 days into their cycle...but its not for everyone...I ovulate on day 10 so if i were to wait until 14 i would miss it. I suggest joining one of the ttc groups on cafemom...they are a wealth of knowledge...good luck!
    Anonymous