Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there away to obtain a record of texts?

I have a strange question! Do you know if there is away to obtain the actual record of texts to and from my phone, so I can read the texts- I am having an issue with my brother he is saying something totally different than what the text said but I already deleted all my texts from him weeks ago, the only reason I am wanting it is because this could be life or death- he is severly depressed and the stress center will only check him in if I have proof of him threating to take his life... HELP!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • maybe call the phone company? I've never had this happen so I don't know but wouldn't hurt to call ... good luck

    Answer by Domsmom2009 at 5:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • I doubt it. It's probably like e-mails...once they are gone, they are gone...unless you want to spend tons of money to try to get them retrieved from your phone's inner memory...which I'd assume they can do since they can do that with computer e-mails.

    Going by the fact that he has already texted you that he is suicidal and that the center won't get help unless there's proof (how ridiculous is that...?), I'd visit him one day and *forget* your cell phone. Borrow his and then text to your phone what he said before and you deleted. That way it's coming from his phone...there's your "proof."

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • Phone companys can get them but only if you have a court order. They will tell you that they don't keep a record of them but they do.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • No, you cannot get a copy of text messages. My brother already tried because of shit with his ex. You can get copies of when they were sent and received...but not the actual text.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • Not without a court order.

    See if you can get him to text you again.

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

  • Sorry to hear about your brother! You can call your/his local Sheriff's or police dept (non-emergency number) and ask them to do a Well Check on your brother. Tell them of the texts and anything else. Tell them you're concerned about his psychological well being and they will check on him the same day. Good Luck!!

    Answer by goldilocks70 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.