Anyone told about an echogenic bowel during a 20 ultrasound?

jg04

Asked by jg04 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friend had this , its were they found white flecks in the babys bowel she was told it may be linked with cystic fibrosis theirfore her and her partner needed to have blood taking for testing and r still waiting the out come xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 1:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i know this is WAY late in answering....i was searching for this same topic because they found the same on mine. They told me it is genetic markers "usually" for cystic fibrosis or down syndrome. It could also be as simple as an indicator of baby being lactose inotolerant. They took my blood for genetic testing and also suggested a amnio. I didnt do the amnio til i heard the results of blood. That came out good. SO part of the other testing they did with the blood was 'viral testing" to see if there was a virus that was contracted during early pregnancy. Seen the periontologist and his nurse was awesome in answering my questions. She took a little more detailed history and asked me if i had bled at anytime during the first few months. YES i did! from my 2nd month to 5thmonth i was bleeding CLOTS the size of my palm! she then informed me that there was a chance baby swallowed the blood and that is what picked up in the US.
    harleymama30

Answer by harleymama30 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010