Post Partum Depression

Has anyone ever suffered from post partum depression? I don't feel sad all the time, but if I'm tired or feeling run down it doesn't take anything to set me off in a crying spell. I have very little confidence in my apperance and low energy. Any advice??

JoMcD

Asked by JoMcD at 8:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Health

• Your best bet would be to go see your GYN. I had post partum with my daughter, it was bad. Also i've heard that taking Fish Oil can help to some degree, take it in capsule form lol. It's also really good for the heart. Take care hun
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You do need to see your OB/Gyn. PPD can get worse fast and people need to know what you're feeling. Be sure you let your husband know what's going on so he can be on the look out for any changes in you.

I had PPD with my first two pregnancies. My third baby is due in a few weeks and I'm already feeling hormonal and down. It's just something you have to get through.

If you have seveer PPD, there are medications your OB/Gyn can prescribe that are safe to take even if you're breastfeeding. Sometimes you forget some details once you get into the doctor's office, so I'd advise making a list of all of your symptoms and then go and discuss them with your doctor.

Exercise and eating healthy will also help a ton. Just a brisk walk can do wonders. Exercise produces a depression fighting chemical in your brain. Too many carbs and sugars will get you feeling even more down. Be sure to eat a lot of protein.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2009