how do u clean up a credit report...

i want to clean up my credit report which isent as bad as i thought lol but what is on there i would like to pay what is on there and have it taken off my report..or showed it was paid. there is one thing that dosent even have a phone number just an add...so anyone know how i could clean up my report or were i should start, or someone who i could talk to? i kick myself everyday knowing when i was a young adult i did stupid things and tell my dd now that dont get tempted and pay pay pay so u dont regret in the future.any advice ladies? thanks in advance xo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Send a note to the address of the one with no phone number. As for the rest, make a budget and only pay the minimum BUT identify one with the lowest payment and double or triple up on the payment. Once you have it paid off, take that money you would have paid and pay the next lowest bill, once it's paid, take that money (the combined payments from the paid off ones) and pay the next thing.

To get things paid off, you basically have to throw money at them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Hey. Girl my credit is AWFUL LOL. I always tell my sisters who don't have credit yet to BE CAREFUL because it bites you in the butt later :(

The Company that I am with has a really good plan called SECURE NET.

The Financial Protection is Credit Repair, Debt Consolidation, Foreclosure avoidance, Etc..
    Also Legal services with a basic WILL, National Child ID, Idenitiy Theft Protection, Roadside Assistance.

YOu can have all 5 services for $24.95/mth and there isn't a contract so you can stop it when you are done. It would be able to help you with your credit. You can look at all the info at www.apsecurenet.com/christinadennis

Let me know if you have any qu

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 11:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• we refer all of our clients to: (this service costs money)
    http://www.msicredit.com/

If youare trying to do it yourself , here are some form letters that can help: (You can clean up your credit for free)
    http://www.debt-n-credit-letters.com/

Send me a msg if you need more information.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Credit Repair Companies can't do anything that you can't do for yourself.

You can dispute errors. You can call the companies that you owe money to and offer to settle with them (it's best if you have the cash on hand.) Of course make sure that if you do settle you get a letter from them saying that constitutes as payment in full for account number ____ etc. Also keep a copy of the cashiers check that you send them. NEVER EVER give them access to your bank account.

Your other option is to start paying it off smallest to largest. Get on a written budget, if needed find another part time job, sell things you don't need etc. It's not very fun to do, but it can be done.

Celebrate your victories no matter how small.
    If you want more information on getting out of debt, check out the Dave Ramsey group on cafemom, or go to DaveRamsey.com
    ~E
    Anonymous

• i would agree to stay away from credit repair companies... to fix errors, contact the particular people by phone or mail.. i know my husband had some issues on his report that had to be fixed.. the company that said he still owed had gone out of business but he had paid his debt.. i cant remember exactly how we fixed it but im sure there is someone in the credit report business you can contact...
    like pp have said, pay all your bills, even if its just the min payment.. then work your way up... when you get extra money (tax returns, etc) put big chunks of it toward your debt.. in time it goes away... take credit cards out of your wallet and put them in the lock box.. if you dont have it with you, you cant use it ;)
    sherwins.girl

Answer by sherwins.girl at 5:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Stay on top of your credit report and score, inquiries - get daily alerts on who is checking your credit and also fraud protection through my.primerica.com in partnership with Equifax - access code ANMM9 Lewis.
    luv2laaf

Answer by luv2laaf at 10:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2009