Just want some mommy advice

My son is a year and has his first ear infection. A lady at my church said to but sweet oil in it to soothe it so I have done that. He also had a sore throat so he is on antibiotics. He was fine yesterday, this morning he wakes up and his REALLY congested, he's coughing, he's wheezing when he breathes. He sounds horrible. He is also cutting his two bottom canines/incisors. He doesn't have a fever but he keeps laying in the floor or laying on me (very unusual for him). I've already given him his allergy medicine, antibiotics, and tylenol. Is there any home remedy I can do for him? He just looks so pitiful laying here

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ooh teething and ear infection?? Bless his little heart, a warm liquid would help soothe him like a warm tea of sorts. I can't remember if he can have honey at age 1. But if he can, a warm lemon and honey tea will help. Also vics vapor rub on his chest can help too. Just keep pushing the fluids as much as possible and use a cool mist humidifer. Outside of that just snuggle him. When my kids were sick that's all they did, just snuggled :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't know about a home remedy. My son got croup frequently when he was teething (barking seal cough?) and that needed steriods to treat it.

Good luck.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• If you take him out put cotton balls in his ears to keep the air out, don['t get water in his ears, if he will lay still, put a warm towel on the side of his head over his ear, the warmth will soothe him.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• i don't understand why he has an ear infection. When it's cold out he ALWAYS has his hat on (its one that covers his ears). We live in Florida so right not the weather is going crazy. One day it will be near 80 and the next it will be 55. That's why his allergies are acting up. Right now he's pulled a pillow off the couch and curled up on it and fell asleep.... : ( I just want him to get better.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Ear infections aren't from the weather. Their Eustacian tubes haven't fully dropped yet, so they can get a lot of sinus drainage stuck in there and cause an infection. Most grow out of it by around age 3, but some don't. One thing that always helped me was to lay my head on a heating pad, on low. The heat feels so good
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• He's wheezing, he needs to be seen by a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• he's already been seen by a doctor. Hence the reason he's on all the medicine he is. He was sick on Thursday and I took him in, he got better over the weekend but then he got sick again today. So i've already taken him to the doctor
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2009