Putting my 17 month old daughter in a toddler bed tonight....

I'm kinda scared a lil..cuz she doesn't have a door, but we did get a gate to block her from getting out of her phone at night...but newho my ? is When you put ur child in a toddler bed the first time how did it go?? Did you get any sleep that night? or was it kinda like having them sleep in the crib.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• didn't mean to say phone...meant to say ROOM*********
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Mine have all done really well at first. Then they discovered they could get up whenever they wanted! Lol!! I started all mine before they were 18 months. They usually cried a little bit more and I stayed in their room longer at first. Good luck!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• ooo her first big girl bed how exciting!!!! my son and daughter both when they got their big boy and big girl bed were excited. my son is actually easier to put to be now. take some extra time tucking her in. maybe an extra book. i love it because now i can lay on the bed with my kids and read to them instead of next to the crib. but remember they can climb baby gate so make sure and toddler proof the house. my girl one time said was going to make "breakfast" she got up b4 i did and got the eggs out and for some reason smashed them all over the tv???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I'm starting tomorrow with my 19 month old so I don't know quite yet :) I decided to just do naps for the first few days and see how it goes. If he's not ready I figure I can always put it away and try again in a couple of months.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• There was a lot of "GO BACK TO BED" until they learned that they could get out of bed, but stay in their rooms and not get in trouble. Good luck.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009