does anyone else feel like they get pregnant any time they have unprotected sex?

hey ladies i feel a bit like michelle duggar. i am not complaining so ladies who have fertility problems please don't get angry.

i'm 26 and i've been pregnant 3 times. the first ended in miscarriage though. right now i'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child.

we typically use condoms or pull out. used birth control pills and condoms for the first few years because i was nervous and my parents seem really fertile. ;) we use pull out when i don't think i'm in my fertile period and condoms when i think i am in my fertile period.

every time we have not used pull out or condoms, we have gotten pregnant! once when we were around 20, had a miscarriage. once when we were around 23, resulting in my adored son. and now the 3rd time.

we are happy but i'm really nervous about after this. we would like to stop at 2 kids but we aren't so sure so we're not really ready for permanent birth control....?

thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know what you mean. My husband and I decided to start trying and got pregnant first time. That one also resulted in a miscarriage. Then, the doctor said it is safe to try again. I was not sure if I wanted to be preggo right off again, but we were not going to stop anything. We figured that it would take a little time since I had to have a D&C. Well, first time again I was preggo.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Unprotected sex = Pregnancy. Most people are going to get pregnant after having unprotected sex.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Congrats!! and maybe after this baby comes out go on Depo..I know some people don't like it but it works didn't use any condoms while I was on it...And If you guys decide to have another one then get off of the shot...But you do have to take calcium pills every day while ur on it... just a suggestion
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• For the ones that have the smart remarks which would not post their name with it, did you see the part of trying but was amazed at how fast it happened. Get a life.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I've actually never had sex without birth control (2 forms, before my husband got his vasectomy) except when I was trying to get pregnant. I was fully convinced that I would get pregnant, and I know I would spend every day before my next period panicking, LOL. Maybe try adding some kind of spermacide after you have this baby. We used to use condoms with those Encare inserts before my husband's vasectomy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Get an IUD after this pregnancy, I always recommend them to everyone and they work great!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I am on the pill right now...I got pregnant with my first son while on the Depo shot..so yeah...however we were trying to get pregnant with my youngest..so of course we were having unprotected sex, lol..now we use the pull out method along with my pill
    1sttimemommy198

Answer by 1sttimemommy198 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• With our second child we got pregnant the first month, with my first it probably took 2-3 months. I used BC pills and they have never failed so thats what iam doing again. My dd was born 2 months ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I don't know how that would be possible, unless you really are ovulating 'every' time you have unprotected sex. There are only about 4 or 5 fertile days of a woman's cycle per month, unless you're just always ovulating. I would think that would be very rare. I was 28 when I first got pg (on purpose) but I got pg. the very first try! I have never had unprotected sex w/out being on the pill or without a condom. I am too scared of getting pg! I was thinking about an IUD, too but I've heard horror stories and I don't like having something stuck up there.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• LOL.. I feel like I get pregnant just thinking of sex. the one time we used unprotected sex and got pregnant was planned... the other 5 times... I was on some form of birth control... first was the pill cant remember what kind though... that ended in misscarriage, the second was the nuva ring, third pregnancy was planned, the fourth I was on alysse.(sp?) the fith was lutara(sp?), and the pregnancy I am currently with, we had given up on hormonal bc... and were just usuing condoms... So there you have it... DH is getting a vacetomy pending his doctors okay in a few mo... if we get pregnant after that... I"m having my uterus removed.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2009