Hi there all moms. I have a very interesting questions. to ask. My son is 12 years old . and I think its time for" the talk"

I have told my husband to have the talk with him since last year. He saids he tried ,but my son saids he's good he knows all that stuff. But Im not sure my husband told him anything important So what I was wondering was How would I go about it without him feeling all embarrassed talking about it with me. Any ideas?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• get a book or info from the health department. Tuck it under his pillow with a note. Later hug him and tell him you know it is embarrassing but you will answer any questions he has. Keep communication open, when you watch a movie talk about what you saw and what is right and wrong. Talk about how movies never show putting a condom on but that they should. have you husband talk to him later about bitth control. This should be done in a few stages and ongoing conversations, not just one big talk. Give him info, open communtication, continue to talk about birth control, be sure to talk about respecting girls and not pressuring them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I always corner my son in the car lol. That way he can't leave. I also kept conversations like that very clinical. My hub is a great father, but he's NOT good with talks to our son, so I've been the one to explain things to him. lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My mom got me books starting in 3rd grade. I got a new book every year just about that had more advanced stuff in it. There is every kind of book on body functions you can imagine. Coloring books to straight up medical texts. I loved the medical texts with the real life photos of diseases from small pox to syphilis sores.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• They make a DVD I cannot remember the name of it, but I checked it out at the library, he probably knows more than you think--LOL, don't be almarmed if he won't talk to you about it, just watch the film with him and good luck! Now is the time to count your blessings you have a boy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2009