6 month old scratched her face with fingernail...

Should I just keep it clean with peroxide? I'm afaid if I put neosporin on she'll touch it and get it in her mouth...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't put alcohol or peroxide on it. IT's just a scratch, keep it clean with soap and water.

When's the last time you put peroxide on a scratch/cut? Last time I did it, it hurt like hell! Just wash it and wipe it off if she gets food on it. It's just a scratch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I've heard that you shouldn't use peroxide at all because it kills..... skin tissue maybe, not really sure. I don't know how true it is. My doctor said to clean a scratch clean with soap and water (as anon said) and if needed put neosporin, on it. Keeping it covered would be hard where it's on her face.
    When my son did this I would simply just keep it clean...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My kids cuts used to heal in no time, like by the end of the day. It was weird. Don't put anything on it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It should heal quickly! You can always put some A&D ointment on it, but really, it'll probably heal just fine on its own. :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 11:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2009