Help!!! How am I going to deal with this Thanksgiving

ok, a little history: after my husband lost his job last year we had to move in w/ my grandmother, my mother moved in shortly after b/c of lack of employment also. Me and dh had a falling out and we separated. He eventually moved out. He has no family here except me and the girls, (we moved back to my hometown) Since then we have decided to work everything out but him only having a part-time job isn't going to pay for a place for all of us to stay so until either of us obtain employment (I've been looking 4 work since may) Anyways, my grandmother went to my uncles for thanksgiving so it's just me, her and my dds here and I'm cooking. Dh doesn't have anywhere to go so of course I asked him to come here and spend that time w/ the girls. When I started to tell me mother she knew what I was going to tell her and immediately expressed that she didnt want anyone (him) here(she cant stand him), but wtf it's my dh and my dd dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you can tell your mom that you are really stuck between them and you have to find a compromise. Maybe you can cook and hang out with your mom and not have you dh come over until about 4. Then you can all eat together but atleast you can have some alone time with your mom.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• cont'd-
    What should I do? should I uninvite him to please my mother or should I say screw her and let him come. I'm kinda leaning towards letting him come b/c that's just rude! It's thanksgiving for gods sake
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• It looks like it is none of your mother's business. From what I read, it is your grandmother's house.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yes mommytoangel! She's is totally being a brat about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That's a good idea ria! Thanks
    Anonymous

• Mom can leave or go to her room if she doesn't want to be around him. I would not Un-invite him. I'd welcome him and tell mom to learn the meaning of Thanksgiving and sharing. Maybe some of the pilgrims didn't like the Indians either but they still ate dinner with them

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Mom needs to grow up but in the meantime don't stop your plans just because she has issues with your dh. If she's not happy about him being there, then she can stay in her room or better yet go somewhere else for Thanksgiving dinner...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2009