Can I get some support, please?

Six days ago, I decided that I would no longer smoke around my daughter and son. I have always smoked inside my house, that is how my parents were and I thought everyone smoked inside their house.
Well, I have not smoked inside my house in six days and I have not smoked while they were in the car with me, either.
I am also working on stopping smoking all together.
I know now that it was wrong to smoke around them in the first place, that is why I am stopping. I do love and care aboutmy children and I do care about their health. That is why I am stopping.
I just need someone to tell me I am doing the right thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm so sorry that you have to ASK for support. I want to tell you...I'm very proud of you. I'm so happy that you've decided to do the right thing and not smoke in the house or in the car with your kids in it. That's awesome. I'd give you a hug if you were nearby!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• I applaud you!!!! I think it is wonderful that you've made these choices and I know that it is hard!! I wished that my parents would have done that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You've not only made a great step toward your health, you've made a great step toward breaking the chain! Your kids will be a lot less likely to pick up the bad habit if they see that their parents don't smoke. What a wonderful thing!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Yeah!! *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* I love to hear success stories. Let us know when you get down to smoke free!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Good for you. Smoking around them was wrong but as a good mom you are fixing that. We all screw up as parents. The good parents are the ones who recognize mistakes and fix them. I hope you can quit and will be around to be a grandma and your kids have you for a long time. Your kids health is so important and not smoking around them will help them so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You go girl!!!!! I wish that more people could put it down. Especially around the kids!!! You are doing a GREAT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Keep up the positive choices. Your children don't even have the benefit of the filter. Second hand smoke is horrible. It causes middle ear infections and all kinds of other health issues. Not too mention everyone and everything in your home and car stinks. You are doing the right thing for your kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• keep it up... remember you not just doing this for them, your doing this for you too!!! I know its hard, but if you can do it!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You are doing a wonderful thing. Keep it up. I'm willing to bet your children will get sick less often too and you will soon notice how much better the house smells and the car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Good for you!! Woo hoo!!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2009