Is this wrong?

I am trying to start my own business selling custom made photo/message blocks. The beginning of the summer I approached a shop that was interested in selling them. The lady was very picky so I went back made some more to her liking. She bought a few but let me know that they weren't exactly what she wanted so I gave her a discount. She then told me that she expected me to not sell them to anyone else in town. I went back home and worked on some more with her exact specifications in mind and emailed pictures to her. No response. She has opened a 2nd shop and I stopped by to visit a friend of mine. This lady has been ordering a product just like mine from someone else and will not return my emails and avoids me when I try to talk to her. Is it wrong for me to bring my product to a consignment shop in the same town to sell?I am trying my hardest to sell them and it's hard when people can't actually see them in person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should go wherever you want and sell them. It wasn't right for her to tell you not to sell them anywhere else to begin with unless there was a contract envolved. Do what you have to do to get your product out there
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• no what she did is wrong! Open the phone book go to hair salons, boutiques and privately owned clothing stores, look for holiday marts or something like that, I would love to see one! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Go sell them where you want. Shame on her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• She isnt returning your calls or promoting your product. You are not in contract...go sell where you can! post a pic im dying to know what you are making.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Here is a link to where I have them online:

www.threeangeldesigns.etsy.com

Thanks for the answers! It's helping me feel that what I'm wanting to do is not in bad taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• They are very cute!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Unless you signed a contract with her stating that you would not sell anywhere else- then yes, you can sell elsewhere in town and you probably should, since that is what will help keep your company in business.

Be forewarned that if she finds out that will probably tick her off and she'll be off your customer list.
    ~E
    Anonymous