He asked me out on a date...

Does that mean that I have to be loyal to him and not flirt or be with other men because I said yes to a date and we have been talking and getting to know eachother better?

He doesn't live here and is going to try to make it down here when he can afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• No, you can do whatever. A date is just a date.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• You don't have to give up being you to date him. However, I wouldn't flirt with others when I was with him. That would just be rude and you may not get another date with him not to mention other men would notice how you treated him and maybe not ask you out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Unless he asked you out on a date, and said he doesn't want you to date anyone else, and you agreed, you are still free to do whatever you want. I would not flirt while on the date with him, but otherwise, you're still single. Once you agree not to date other people, then yes, you have to be loyal, and I feel flirting would be wrong.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• A date is just a date... getting to know the person and him getting to know you... till you guys decide that you're "exclusive" , you can do whatever you want :)
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2009